Saturday, November 30, 2013

today starts the Secret Advent Swap

not so secret anymore as I think most of us have worked out who our swapper is or there was a nice little card in with the goodies.  I'm hoping that my swappie likes what I put in the box for her sometimes we need a little sunshine and kindness in our lives. 
I took a photo of my lovely pile when it arrived,

very, very excited I can tell you

and today is the 1st of December so I can open number 1, which I did with great gusto and here is my first lovely gift,


perfect to go on our Christmas tree.  and if you want to read how my bloggie swapper is doing here is the link http://masonmumblings.blogspot.co.nz/.

Other news today is our Auckland Branch Christmas Party and we have 700 adults and children coming along, 349 are children under 12 so they all get a gift.  Yesterday was spent sorting and bagging these, it is such an operation that I wont go into but believe me when I tell you it takes hours and we have a lovely team of helpers who come along (including my delightful children) and help us.  This year I delegated a whole lot of the work as last year I think I almost had a nervous break down doing it and then Geo and I just spent a week in Arrowtown (will post pictures later)  where my phone went of non stop!!

anyway almost time to head of to get the party rolling but here is a photo of the Boys gifts


watch out for tomorrows photo!


2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Look at that MASSIVE amount of gifts! What an amazing job you have!!
    And your first Advent gifts is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay glad you love the "Love" deco.
    What an amazing amount of gifts, would love to see photos of the party

    ReplyDelete